My town, Ashland Oregon, was featured in Frontline’s “Vaccine War” documentary. Click to watch at PBS.ORG
- My Letter to Sneak Preview regarding those who criticized the screening of Vaxxed- It’s not censorship. It’s not trivial.
- 124 studies showing a link between vaccines and autism! But are they credible?
- My (extended) response to commenters who insist our public health medical director should have watched Vaxxed before publishing his opinion piece
- John Oliver slams science communication (and not just the media)
- Chronic Lyme Disease – Another Negative Study, article by Dr. Novella
- Critique of Medford Tribune “news” article on Lyme Disease
- A superb deconstruction of the CDC “whistleblower” claims. Thank you Harpocrates Speaks!
- My Daily Tidings 2012 “Get the Shot…or Not” essay.
- Cringe-worthy KTVL Channel 10 report about chicken pox vaccine
- Article features Ashland’s high vaccine-refusal rate: “A Tale of Vaccination in Two Cities”
- The CDC’s graphic of vaccine testing, approval, and safety monitoring process:
- ZDoggMD video “Get your shots on” (parody)
- Do the DTwP and MMR vaccines cause encephalopathy?
- Understanding scientific inquiry can help vaccine-wary parents sort fact from fiction, I can attest.
- Serious vaccine risks compared to serious disease risks in the U.S. — MMR and DTaP vaccines
Category Archives: Counter arguments to vaccine-critics
My Letter to Sneak Preview regarding those who criticized the screening of Vaxxed- It’s not censorship. It’s not trivial.
7/2016 My letter to the Editor of a local community paper, The Sneak Preview Vaccines are Important to Society Matt Hegarty’s News Brief, “Is there a Censorship Vaccination?,” undeservedly chastised those critical of the screening of Vaxxed in Ashland as “resorting … Continue reading
I decided to share here my reply to someone promoting the movie Vaxxed in the comments section of my local paper’s opinion page where Jackson County Public Health Medical Director Dr. Jim Shames published a piece. [Read Dr. Jim Shames’ opinion piece.] … Continue reading
My (extended) response to commenters who insist our public health medical director should have watched Vaxxed before publishing his opinion piece
Our county’s esteemed public health medical director, Dr. Jim Shames, published his opinion, endorsed by many other local medical professionals, in two local news outlets expressing that our Varsity Theater is acting irresponsibly for screening the film “Vaxxed-from Coverup to Catastrophe.” [Read Dr. Jim Shames’ opinion … Continue reading
First, allow me to attempt to introduce the situation in a nutshell for those who may not have heard: It all started when William Thompson, a long-time scientist working for the CDC, decided in 2014 to confess a purported cover-up of an initial finding … Continue reading
I decided to post this 2012 essay that I wrote for Ashland’s local paper, The Daily Tidings, that I previously had only linked to. Now, 2015, we see a sizable outbreak of chickenpox, but more concerning (because it’s a more serious disease), measles and whooping … Continue reading
Rant Alert! On January 15, 2015, KTVL, a local TV station serving our region, where we are currently experiencing a chicken pox/varicella outbreak and where public health officials are working diligently to promote the vaccine, started to get it right by interviewing La Clinica … Continue reading
I was quoted in an excellent article, “A Tale of Vaccination in Two Cities” by journalist Elaine Meyer, featuring Ashland, Oregon. The article was written for the 2×2 Project website, sponsored by Columbia University’s Department of Epidemiology at the Mailman School of … Continue reading
I have to give the CDC credit for the great job they’re doing with their website. This is one example of how they have simplified the vaccination process in a graphic presentation to increase public understanding. Source: Center for Disease … Continue reading
Get your shots on! Immunize: The Vaccine Anthem! (A parody of the Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars song “Billionaire”.) Uploaded to YouTube on Feb 26, 2011 ZDoggMD
(Updated 2016) Since the 1930’s, the whole-cell pertussis vaccine began helping to prevent horrific and deadly cases of pertussis (whooping cough) that were violently killing about 8000 Americans every year, mostly babies and young children. The whole-cell Pertussis vaccine was replaced with … Continue reading