My town, Ashland Oregon, was featured in Frontline’s “Vaccine War” documentary. Click to watch at PBS.ORG
- My Letter to Sneak Preview regarding those who criticized the screening of Vaxxed- It’s not censorship. It’s not trivial.
- 124 studies showing a link between vaccines and autism! But are they credible?
- My (extended) response to commenters who insist our public health medical director should have watched Vaxxed before publishing his opinion piece
- John Oliver slams science communication (and not just the media)
- Chronic Lyme Disease – Another Negative Study, article by Dr. Novella
- Critique of Medford Tribune “news” article on Lyme Disease
- A superb deconstruction of the CDC “whistleblower” claims. Thank you Harpocrates Speaks!
- My Daily Tidings 2012 “Get the Shot…or Not” essay.
- Cringe-worthy KTVL Channel 10 report about chicken pox vaccine
- Article features Ashland’s high vaccine-refusal rate: “A Tale of Vaccination in Two Cities”
- The CDC’s graphic of vaccine testing, approval, and safety monitoring process:
- ZDoggMD video “Get your shots on” (parody)
- Do the DTwP and MMR vaccines cause encephalopathy?
- Understanding scientific inquiry can help vaccine-wary parents sort fact from fiction, I can attest.
- Serious vaccine risks compared to serious disease risks in the U.S. — MMR and DTaP vaccines
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Written September 22, 2010. Guest Opinion published in the Ashland Daily Tiding [ Similar to many communities in the U.S. and abroad, conflict erupted when AT&T applied to install an antenna station on the roof of the cinema in my … Continue reading
“The Impact of Vaccines in the United States – chart from National Institute or Allergy and Infectious Diseases” http://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/vaccines/understanding/Pages/vaccineBenefits.aspx Disease Baseline 20th Century Pre-Vaccine Annual Cases 2008 Cases* Percent Decrease Measles 503,282 55 99.9% Diphtheria 175,885 0 100% Mumps 152,209 … Continue reading
Vaccine critics demand health studies comparing vaccinated versus unvaccinated. Be careful what you wish for.
Vaccinated Children Not at Higher Risk of Infections or Allergic Diseases, Study Suggests ScienceDaily (Mar. 4, 2011) — “Do vaccinations put too much strain on or weaken children’s immune systems? Roma Schmitz and her colleagues from the Robert Koch Institute … Continue reading
Written December 4, 2009 A Redskins ambassador cheerleader struck with horrific dystonia and seizures after a flu shot! Real? Psychosomatic? Hoax? Follow me as I apply my own critical analysis of this story; then you decide. Surfing the Web after reading … Continue reading
My Response to Jennifer Margulis’s post on Mothering Magazine blog about the Gardasil Vaccine for HPV
Written November 4, 2010 [Apropos to Vaccine Awareness Week, I replied to an article by Jennifer Margulis on Mothering Magazine’s blog regarding the Gardasil vaccine. Jennifer Margulis is a talented, prolific writer with a PhD in American Literature who previously … Continue reading
Written February, 2012 For me, vaccinating my children is an act of protectiveness, not passive compliance. Haunting childhood images of polio victims trapped inside breathing machines surely influenced my appreciation of vaccines, but even I sometimes felt trepidation, especially reading … Continue reading
Looking into a baffling clause in a naturopath’s essay promoting delaying immunizations for two years, in the Ashland Daily Tidings, here’s my critical analysis. The excerpt: “….another problem is kids are exposed to other chemicals that can act in concert with vaccines. … Continue reading